Nugg's Raw Rainbow Salad Recipe
Nuggett enjoys eating her signature Raw Rainbow Salad on the daily and it is quick and easy for you to prepare too. If you want to complement it with a side dish she loves to add a Sesame Vegetable Patty, Quinoa or Brown Rice.
All ingredients are organic, raw and vegan.
1 cup Baby Spinach
1 cup chopped Kale
1/2 cup Cabbage
3-4 leaves chopped Cos/Gem Lettuce
1 cup grated Carrot
1/2 cup grated Beetroot
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved or quartered)
1/2 finely sliced Celery
1/2 cup Lebanese Cucumber (halved or quartered)
1/2 cup Corn Kernels
2 tbsp Roasted Slivered Almonds
2 tbsp Roasted Pepitas
2 tbsp Roasted Sunflower Seeds
Garnish: select your favourite or add them all!
1/2 cup Pomegranate or whatever fruit you like
1/2 cup fresh chopped Pineapple
Dressing: Nugg's Caramelised Balsamic Dressing
2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
Dash Manuka Honey
1. Mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar and Manuka honey in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon.
3. Let cool and pour into a jar with a lid; store in refrigerator.
Tip: You can substitute raspberry or any other flavoured balsamic vinegar to suit your taste. Or instead of brown sugar, substitute molasses, honey, maple syrup or agave nectar.
1. Layer salad ingredients on a plate or in a bowl like a rainbow and mix together.
2. Top with your garnishes of choice.
3. Drizzle with Nugg's Caramelised Balsamic Dressing.
Tips: You can purchase Organic Kale Slaw Mix to substitute all greens except lettuce. Roast all the nuts and store in an airtight container so they are ready for your next salad!
Nugg's Raw Rainbow Salad served with Watermelon, Mandarin & Pineapple Cold Pressed Juice
Leave a comment